Lomonosov Moscow State University with the support of Supercomputing Consortium of Universities of Russia announces Youth Summer School "Parallel applications development for petaflops supercomputing systems." School will be held from June 26 to July 2, 2011 at Lomonosov Moscow State University and is organised by REC "Supercomputer Technologies”, the Department of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, Research and Computing Center of MSU.
To participate in the school are invited senior students, undergraduates, postgraduates and young scientists under the age of 30 years.
Summer School aims to in-depth study of supercomputer technologies, high-performance computing, how to develop extreme scalable parallel programs, how to conduct large-scale computational experiments and their practical application to solving actual problems of science and technology. In the program the school suggested the intensive training session with an expanded laboratory exercises, review talks by leading scientists and experts, the practical work of various levels of complexity. The main focus of the program of the school will be on the practical development of
technologies. Participants of the School will have the unique opportunity to perform research projects on MSU supercomputers,
including a high-performance complex "Lomonosov".
* Architecture and software for supercomputer systems: state, problems and prospects.
* Models and programming techniques fro modern HPC systems, parallel computing.
* Methods of designing and implementing large-scale computational experiment in specific application areas, development practices applied parallel programs.
To apply for participation in the school an recommendation letter signed by the supervisor should be provided and a questionnaire on the school website should be filled out. A recommendation letter should be certified by the leadership of the department or organization to submit a listener sent for training. Scanned copy of a recommendation letter must be loaded during the registration on the site. Education is free. A basic knowledge of parallel programming techniques and experience in developing parallel programs are required. Enrolment will be based on test results, the number of participants is limited - no more than 25 listeners.
Registration of the application contains two phases:
1. Register on the site to verify your email address. (The site for authorization SSL - certificate signed on behalf of the CMC faculty of Moscow State University. Add yourself this certificate.)
2. After checking e-mail address the menu item "Register school listener school" will appear. Please fill in the application form.
* The application deadline for participation in school -10 May, 2011. Submission deadline extended until May 15, 2011.
* Remote testing: 16 - 20 May 2011.
* List of the participants will be announced May 23, 2011.
MSU dormitory accommodation is provided for the participants free of charge.
Questions about the Summer School can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org